Seeking Demand Planner
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG) is the largest U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding, safety and related products. Its integrated network of 800 locations includes branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty gas labs, production facilities and distribution centers. Airgas also distributes its products and services through eBusiness, catalog and telemarketing channels. An opening currently exists in our West Buying Center for Demand Planner.
Inquiries must include salary requirements. Resumes can be forwarded to email@example.com.
Summary: A position with the responsibility of reviewing and adjusting forecasts using historical trends and market information, while improving forecast accuracy and adhering to standardized demand planning procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop short and long range forecasts
- Generate statistical forecast
- Fine tune models
- Manage stat forecast exceptions
- Report forecast metrics
- Involved in consensus meeting(s)
- Involved in SOP process
- Assist in development of annual plans/forecasts
- Item data maintenance in Manugistics
- Reconcile business plan and demand plan, communicate gaps
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics/Statistics, Logistics, Finance or Marketing
- 0-2 years business experience in Wholesale Distribution and/or Marketing.
- Experience applying statistical forecasting, and demand planning principles for multiple product families / multiple locations.
- Developed communication skills with the ability to work with Management, Buyers and Product Managers
- 1-2 years experience with Manugistics NetWORKS Demand software or related forecasting experience is desirable.
- Key Demand Planning Skills: Supply Chain and Wholesale Distribution knowledge & experience Customer, market, channel knowledge & experience
- Ability to identify variables driving business results (to use in analysis of forecast accuracy)
- Working knowledge of time-series forecasting
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
- Strong data manipulation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication